Thumbnail Expander is a Firefox extension that temporarily displays the large version of images when you hover over thumbnails. With it, there's no need to constantly leave the current page to see full images. Check out each image quickly and easily, then move your mouse away when you're done. Try mousing over the thumbnails below to see how it works:
Thumbnail Expander works on dozens of sites, from Google Image Search to Wikipedia to Facebook, and also works with video links like YouTube and Google Video.
Install Thumbnail Expander 1.0.
(Thumbnail Expander requires the Firefox browser to work. If you don't have it, you can download Firefox now.)
- 1.0: This is an enormous update. Thumbnail expansion is significantly more sturdy and handles many more cases. An options panel has also been added for customization.
- 0.4.3: Fixed auto-updating. If you're running 0.4.1 or 0.4.2, you will have to manually update by clicking on the install link on this page.
- 0.4.2: Video [hide] links now link to the video and not the current page, so you can copy the video link even while it is expanded. Fixed some video expansion problems at youtube.com.
- 0.4.1: Made compatibility with Firefox 3 official.
- 0.4.0: Added CollegeHumor support.
- 0.3.8: Updated Thumbnail Expander to work with recent YouTube updates. Removed Amazon.com support.
- 0.3.7: Fixed behavior with text links, created workaround for "stuck" images (the image will go away if you move away from the large image), and improved MySpace and YouTube link detection.
- 0.3.6: Fixed 0.3.5 fix to work with Firefox 2, and also made it check for the "Save to Favorites", "Flag as Inappropriate", etc. links.
- 0.3.5: Extension made YouTube's "Related" video list hard to navigate, so it no longer active in that section.
- 0.3.2: Videos wouldn't actually play if they were originally image thumbnails.
- 0.3.1: YouTube and Google Video expansion continued to work even after clicking the disable/enable icon.
- 0.3.0: Added support for YouTube and Google Video links, thanks to biznatchio's Inline YouTube Video script for Greasemonkey.
- 0.2.5: Thumbnail Expander can now be turned on and off by clicking the magnifying glass icon on the status bar.